Mitch McConnell is meeting with the wrong people
(Published by our friends and partners at AALM, Americans Against the Legalization of Marijuana)
It is being reported that Mitch McConnell is in California to meet with marijuana drug dealers. He has traveled here because California is the epicenter for all things pot. The grow sites are here, the businesses are here, the investors are here, the manufacturers are here and the users are here. Of course pot drug dealers want more federal legitimacy and full national legalization of their harmful and addictive drug. They want to be able to bank their ill-gotten profits.
What Mitch needs to know is there is nothing related to pot that is properly working in California. Not one promise made to voters has been kept.
- The “seed to sale” tracking is not happening.
- The black market is bigger than ever.
- California is producing about 10xs more pot than is consumed in the state so the extra is being trafficked to the east where prices are higher.
- Much of the pot contains poisons and contaminates. Universally testing is not occurring.
- Those with “state permits” often also run unpermitted business.
- Churches and childcare centers (sensitive uses) are being bullied to make room for pot businesses.
- Vaping THC is causing lung injuries and deaths among users, especially young users.
- Scromiting and other marijuana-related illnesses are on the rise.
- Virtually all state or local regulations such as signage, advertising and distance separations are being violated.
- There is no potency limits or limits on sales of pot products seriously endangering the public and fueling diversion to teens.
Mitch should be meeting with:
- Parents of young people with pot induced psychosis or in treatment for addiction to marijuana.
- Law enforcement who have the impossible task of managing regulations or close down unpermitted pot shops.
- Small towns who are being bullied by the industry to enact regulations or face lawsuits or referendums.
- Citizens who live near illegal or “permitted” grow sites
- School administrators who are seeing the dramatic increase in marijuana and vaping on campus.
- Drug prevention specialists who work within communities and see the many harms of marijuana first hand.
Is Mitch following John Boehner’s example and lining up his next multi-million dollar gig in the pot industry?
“This drug dealing industry is selling illness, addiction and even death. It has shown unsurprisingly that it will not following regulations. It has also shown it will use it’s ill-gotten millions to buy off politicians to increase its influence and profits.”
“It is well passed time that Congress and federal agencies push back against this harmful industry and its deadly products. There is nothing ‘safe’ about marijuana. ‘Safe’ banking for drug dealers would be another deadly mistake.”
For more information contact:
Scott Chipman 619 990 7480 email@example.com
Carla Lowe 916 708 4111 firstname.lastname@example.org