Senator Jerry Hill wants to allow marijuana in schools in the disguise of medical marijuana (SB223). It is in California Senate for re-approval and then likely to go to the Governor’s desk as well. The same bill was vetoed by former Governor Brown last year. Please oppose SB 233.
Californians — especially parents — must write to the Governor and the Senators now urging them to reject SB223. The main points are as follows:
1. Neither US Surgeon General nor FDA has approved the usage of medical marijuana by youngsters. In fact, U.S. Surgeon General just issued an emphatically strong warning against marijuana on August 29th accentuating on this point.
2. No amount of marijuana is safe for adolescents who would have permanent brain damage after using marijuana for a long period of time. There are many medical alternatives which do not have the potential huge negative consequences that marijuana has.
3. This law can easily be abused and leading to much more marijuana consumption in schools. For example, it is not difficult at all to obtain a doctor’s note for marijuana.
4. A new law cannot be simply based on an isolated case which may be not valid and can be dealt with individually.
5. This opens up schools for marijuana usage and would lead to more bad bills along this line. On the contrary, every effort should be used to block marijuana from penetrating into schools.
Marijuana is not like the pot of yesterday
6. In the words of U.S. Surgeon General, “It is not your mother’s marijuana!” Today’s marijuana is three or four times as potent as before.
Please write to the Governor Newsom by going to gov apps.gov.ca.gov/gov40mail/Your state legislators contact info can be found at findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
Not only that, voters of San Mateo County should take action to oust Senator Hill who apparently is working for the best interests of the marijuana gangs but not Californians. His removal represents a good riddance for Californians.
Please certainly stand up now to protect our future generations and tell everybody to do the same! Please write to the Governor and Senators against SB223 immediately. Thank you.